note sent to General Director of UNESCO
The note sent to the Director-General UNESCO by Massimiliano Verde, president of the Neapolitan Academy on the occasion of the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages.
The cultural and socio-linguistic project named “NUJE” (we/us, in English) to preserve and promote Neapolitan Language and Heritage in cooperation with academicians and associations, in Europe and abroad for any Neapolitan and Italian communities.
The lack of preservation of a live mother tongue, the case of Neapolitan mother-tongue children in Italy. The work of the Accademia Napoletana for them.
- Category: Academic papers
- Thematic area: Documentation
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Focus attention on the critical risks confronting indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Empower through capacity-building