Role of linguistic diversity in building a global community with shared future: protection, access and promotion of language resources
September 19, 2018 12:00 am - September 21, 2018 12:00 am
Global | China | Changsha | Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan, People’s Republic of China
Conferences / Advisory
The purpose of the International conference entitled “Role of linguistic diversity in building a global community with shared future: protection, access and promotion to global language resources” is to discuss the broad areas of language-related issues, with special attention to the language protection, access to language resources and promotion of emerging initiatives in Asia-Pacific region as well as to contribute to the organization of the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages and further development of UNESCO’s World Atlas of Languages.
The International conference aims to:
- Review the status and situation of language diversity in the Asia-Pacific and other regions;
- Explore new avenues for language resource preservation, support, and promotion in the Asia-Pacific and other regions;
- Share knowledge and good practices as well as discuss the new research methods for protection, support and promotion of languages in Asia-Pacific region, especially in the different regions of China;
- Discover the possible ways for language documentation particular those in danger and lesser-used languages;
- Present latest state-of-the-art technological solutions for language documentation, protection, access and promotion;
- Review and discuss the key terminologies related to language-related issues;
- Discuss the existing practices and national policies related to sign languages;
- Discuss the celebration of the International Year 2019 in Asia-Pacific region
including a decade of Asia-Pacific languages – to be confirmed);
- Contribute to the World Atlas of Languages by providing inputs and building institutional partnerships of the on the development of Chinese Language Atlas.