link | Esther Martinez Native American Languages Programs Reauthorization Act
The United States Senate Committee on Indian Affairs on February 6th, passed S. 256, the Esther Martínez Native American Languages Program Reauthorization Act. The Joint National Committee for Languages fully supports this Act, which would expand programs in the United States preserving and transmitting Native American Languages.
- Category: Normative and legal instruments and documents
- Thematic area: Language learning and teaching
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Creation of favourable conditions for knowledge-sharing and dissemination of good practices with regard to indigenous languages