document | Language Shift in Dir Kohistan ( a case study of village Patrak and Barokot)
This research paper is centered on the shift of mother tongue in the two villages of Dir Kohistan. The language under study is Kohistani language; the mother tongue of Dir Kohistani people. The researchers illustrates that the marriage pattern, non-intergenerational transmission and attitude of the people toward their mother tongue have been played key role in the process of language shift in the area.
Language shift, Dir Kohistan, Patrak, Barikot, Kohistani, language Domain
- Category: Academic papers
- Thematic area: Cultural and Linguistic Continuity
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Creation of favourable conditions for knowledge-sharing and dissemination of good practices with regard to indigenous languages