link | Te Kete Ararau
Kia ora! Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Kete Ararau.
This cultural standards resource tool was launched by New Zealand’s Minister for Children Hon Tracey Martin for Oranga Tamariki, New Zealand's Ministry for Children. The Ministry is dedicated to supporting any tamariki (child) in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now, or in the future.
Te Kete Ararau will provide all staff, from managers to frontline workers, with access to valuable information and learning tools.
The resource has been designed to help generate a more meaningful understanding of the commitment Oranga Tamariki have to tamariki Māori and the importance of whakapapa and whanaungatanga. The app includes information on the Oranga Tamariki cultural framework, te reo Māori (language), tikanga (custom), waiata (songs), key Māori concepts and values, and key events and effects on Māori.
- Category: Electronic applications (such as non-commercial apps)
- Thematic area: Language technologies and digital resources
- Call topics: Mainstreaming across national development plans and language policies
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Empower through capacity-building