link | The European Language Vitality Barometer (EuLaViBar)
The European Language Vitality Barometer (EuLaViBar) is a tool developed as part of the ELDIA project for assessing the maintenance of a minority language. The EuLaViBar consists of four main devices: (1) a systematic method of data collection with a large-scale questionnaire survey, (2) a system for operationalising the survey results in regards to language maintenance or loss, (3) a calculation formula for analysing the survey data and (4) a polar diagram representing the results of the analyses in a graphic form.
The EuLaViBar Toolkit, containing a revised version of the ELDIA questionnaire, templates and explanations of the statistical method, can be downloaded from the PHAIDRA repository
- Category: Online language resources
- Thematic area: Revitalization
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Growth and development through elaboration of new knowledge