Dr. Massimiliano Verde, president of the Neapolitan Academy talks - in conversation with journalist Angela Vitaliano (Grazia) - about his work to promote this heritage that is also very present in the United States and will explain why this treasure must be preserved and passed on.
Neapolitan as Language of Democracy and Anti-Fascism.
The social and cultural situation in Italy about Neapolitan mother tongue children.
Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimò
New York University
April 25, 2019
- Category: language and culture
- Thematic area: Cultural and Linguistic Continuity
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Creation of favourable conditions for knowledge-sharing and dissemination of good practices with regard to indigenous languages