video | APP Conecta Culturas
From 26th to 28th of July, 47 young Ecuadorians, most of them students coming from diverse fields linked to informatics and software development, graphic design and communication sciences, participated in the “Hackaton Conecta Culturas”, co-organized by UNESCO Office in Quito, Corape, Medialab-CIESPAL and Deutsche Welle Akademie.
The main objective of this event consisted on giving a response to a complex challenge: create an App that will enable communitarian communicators from the diverse peoples and nationalities in Ecuador feed easily their Digital Documentation Center with high quality and culturally valuable text and audiovisual content.
Uma Maki –composed of Yeimmy Clemencia Jaimes Medrano, Jean Karlo Obando, Alexander Mejía, Wladymir Buborich y Bryan Oscullo- was the winner team of the Hackaton and, thus, the team that received the prize of 3.000 dollars –as UNESCO’S main contribution- for the subsequent development of their App prototype.
After five months of intense and defiant team work, Uma Maki has finally presented their “App Conecta Culturas”. This video is a kind of presentation manual that demonstrates the main applications and possibilities of this App, which is already available on Play Store.
- Category: Aboriginal Languages
- Thematic area: Cultural and Linguistic Continuity
- Call topics: Technology and e-economy (e.g. language technology)
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Empower through capacity-building